当前位置:课程学习>>第四章>>知识讲解>>文本学习>>知识点二

第四章 增词法



知识点二:根据句法上的需要


一、增补原文回答句中的省略部分

1.Is this your book? Yes, it is.

这是你的书吗?是我的。

(Yes, it is=Yes, it is mine.)

2.Rebecca: "What! don’t you love him (Amelia's brother)?”

Amelia: “Yes, of course, I do.”

利蓓加:“怎么?你不爱他(爱米丽的哥哥)?”

爱米丽:“我当然爱他。”

(Yes, of course, I do = Yes, of course I love him.)

二、增补原文句子中所省略的动词

1.Reading makes a full man; conference(...)a ready man; writing(...) an exact man.

读书使人充实,讨论使人机智,写作使人准确。

2.An Eagle and a Fox had long lived together as good neighbors; the Eagle (...) at the summit of a high tree. the Fox (...) in a hole at the foot of it.

一只鹰和一只孤狸长期友好地住在一起,鹰住在一棵高高的树顶上,狐狸住在树下一个洞里。

3.We don’t retreat, we never have (...) and never will(...).

我们们不后退,我们从没有后退过,将来也决不后退。

4."No! " Jesse jumped up. “No, I believed that too. But I don’t (...) now.”

“不!”杰西跳起来了。“不,过去我也是相信的。可是现在,我不相信了。”

5.He remembered the incident, as had his wife (...)

他记得这件事,他的妻子早就记起了。

6.Everything was on a larger scale for him, the highs were higher, the lows (...) lower.

他总是喜欢夸大事实,高的说得更高,低的说得更低。

三、增补原文比较句中的省路部分

1.The footmen were as ready to serve her as they were their own mistress.

仆人们愿意服待她,就像他们愿意服侍他们的女主人一样。

原文全句应是 The footmen were as ready to serve her as they were ready to serve their own mistress.

2.Better be wise by the defeat of others than by your own.

从别人的失败中吸取教训比从自己的失败中吸取教训更好。

原文全句应是 It is better to be wise by the defeat of others than to be wise by the defeat of your own.

3.I can say to you, without any flattery, that the Chinese way of co-operations is more inventive and fruitful than others.

我可以对你说一一我这样说没有任何奉承之意一一中国的合作方式比别国的合作方式更有特色,更有成果。

原文全句应是I can say to you, without any flattery, that the Chinese way of co-operations is more inventive and fruitful than the way of co-operations of others.

四、增补原文含蓄条件句中的省略部分

1.We didn't admit it (escape)was impossible. To do so would have been to surrender one of our few hopes.

我们认为越狱不是不可能的。如果认为不可能,那就等于把我们仅存的一点希望也放弃了。

2.In agreeing to what was already the status quo, Khrushchev would have had far more to gain than to lose.

假如赫鲁晓夫已同意维持现状,对他来说就会是得多失少。

3.At the time of Kennedy's assassination, Kissinger felt that a second term would have led either to greatness or to disaster.

肯尼迪遇刺时,基辛格认为,如果肯尼迪再任一届总统的话,大概不是立大功,就是闯大祸。

4.He could understand a passive opposition from Kennedy loyalists, but an open one would have dire consequences.

他了解到忠于肯尼迪的那些人在消极反对他,但是如果他们公开反对,那就会产生可怕的后果。

5.But without Adolf Hitler, there almost certainly would never have been a Third Reich.

然而如果没有阿道夫·希特勃,那就几乎可以肯定不会有第三帝国。

请同学们继续学习